Kapha season is upon us. The fertile mud gives rise to the buds, flowers and foliage of Mother Nature. Similarly, the earth and water elements in us provide a stable and rich foundation from which we can spring forth. Kapha is the season of growth and upward movement. We emerge from our cold weather introversion, stillness and hibernation, toward manifesting that which we’ve dreamt of over the dark months.
In all of my classes this month, I’ll be explaining the Kapha dosha and how to practice in a way that aligns with the current season: late winter through spring. We’ll focus on postures, breathing exercises, mindfulness tools, and inner teachings which compliment, celebrate and balance what’s happening outside in nature, because what’s happening outside is happening inside as well.
Join me and learn how to engage with your practice skillfully and intentionally for the Kapha season.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays | 9:30-11am | The Yoga Space
- Wednesdays & Fridays | 12-1:15pm | Yoga Refuge
- Fridays | 5:30-6:45pm | Yoga Bhoga
- Sundays | 11am-12:30pm | Yoga Bhoga
If you can’t make it to a public class and want to learn what Kapha season has to offer to YOU, specifically, and how to best support yourself during this season, schedule a one-one-one lesson with me.
Here are a few considerations to get you started with your Kapha season practice:
- Warm, activate and energize
- More vinyasas and less static holds of postures
- Core work, twists, chest openers and backbends
- Create space in joints and explore the upward momentum of prana
- Upward gaze/dristhi
- Ujjayi, Breath of Joy, Surya Bhedana, and Brahmari pranayama
- Listening Meditation
I look forward to practicing with you!